Lal Kakra Beach at Mandarmani is coming out as a most popular weekend destination for adventure lover and nature lover from Kolkata. Purusottomopur is a small village sandwiched between the famous Mandarmani Beach and Pichaboni Estuary. The most unique of this place is the presence of Red crabs in huge amount which makes this beach called as Lal kakra Beach. However we call our camp Paper Boat Backpackers’ camp because chasing after the red crabs, splashing in the pool and all the fun activities will bring back your childhood to you. So ride in a Paper Boat and come join us at Backpackers’ Camp.
Contact Number for Booking the Tents and Cottage :
A solution of Backpacking Monks – 9051160870 (To know more details call them)
Tariff: 1300 per head per day including fooding lodging beach campfire and available mineral water. (simple Food Menu)
Tariff: 1500 per head per day including fooding lodging beach campfire and available mineral water. (Good standard Food Menu)
Tariff: 1650 per head per day including fooding lodging beach campfire and available mineral water. (Good standard Food Menu)
Top 10 reasons you must visit Lal Kakra Beach Camp at Purushottompur
- We are the only organization which only try to provide best travelling experience to our visiting guests
- We used to have our own in-house camp in-charge to assist you all the time
- Electricity is there and all mud hut has full electricity
- Running water with 2-4 shared bathrooms for the visiting guests (All western with commode)
- We have our own Community cum dinning place to sit and have food together along with adda.
- Camp pool is there for taking fresh water bath
- Camp is just beside Beach and best view of the sea
- We have mud hut within the campus as well for the visiting guests with light, fan, table and charging point(Basic Stay)
- Best view of Sea and Beach from sitting location froom Gazebo
- Alcohol free Zone (Open alcohol consumption within camp area or on beach is strictly prohibited)
How to Lal Kakra Beach:
- Take any Digha Bound Bus and drop at Chowlkhola
- Take a toto upto our camp
Roughly taking all the buffer time in between journey it will take around 5.30 Hrs from Kolkata to Lal Kakra Beach.
Facts to remember while going there and Suggestions:
1. Do bring your mobile powerbank and there you will not get any mobile charging facilities
2. Carry mineral water for kid below 8 yrs.
3. Carry mosquito repellent though it’s less mosquito now
4. Only BSNL, Airtel and Vodafone network can be connected and sometimes Idea and BSNL will work.
There are 8 tents and 3 persons for each tents. So accommodation of maximum 24 people can be arranged.
For large Number of People prior intimation is required then they will arrange for other people.
(Images of the tents are given below)Food will be provided by the caretaker who take care of those tents. Food quality is good and better not to expect very tasty food like wow quality restaurants in kolkata.
Location of the tents are just 50 meters from the sea beach
We are slowly increasing our accommodation so that more and more people can go and we are trying to lower the rush of people as well. So please do co-operate….
Food Menu 1:
Once you reach there you will be provided Nimbu Pani or Coconut
Then in Lunch you can have rice, dal, sabji, bhaja, Fish Curry
evening snacks (Muri with Singara/Chop/Chanachur)
Dinner (Sabji, chicken with rice or Ruti)
Morning Bed tea
Breakfast with Luchi with ghugni/aloo Dam/Cholar dal
This package cost 1300 Per Head
Food Menu 2:
গেস্ট ওয়েলকাম – চা / কফি / লস্যি,
বাদশাহী আলু ভাজা,
পোস্ত বাটা / পোস্ত বড়া / পেঁয়াজ পোস্ত৷
আলু ফুলকফি/ আলু পটল / আলু মটর.
সুক্ত / মোচা / মটর পনীর / কচুর শাক৷
মাছ ( প্রমফ্রেট / কাতলা) ।
বেগুনি / ভুজিয়া / আলুর চপ / ভেজ পাকোড়া।
রুটি +/ ভাত।
আলু পোস্ত ভাজা,
কচুরী / লুচি / ব্রেড বাটার।
This package cost 1500 Per head.