Lal Kakra Beach at Mandarmani is coming out as a most popular weekend destination for adventure lover and nature lover from Kolkata. Purusottompur is a small village sandwiched between the famous Mandarmani Beach and Pichaboni Estuary. The most unique of this place is the presence of Red crabs in huge amount which makes this beach called as Lal kakra Beach. However we call our camp Red Crab Beach camp because chasing after the red crabs, splashing in the sea and all the fun activities will bring back your childhood to you. So ride into our camp and come join us at Backpacking Monks.
Contact Number for Booking the Tents:
A stay solution of Backpacking Monks – 9051160870 / 9038633211 (To know more details call them)
Tariff: 1250 per head per day including fooding lodging and available mineral water with shared bathroom. (Standard Food Menu at Camp 2)
Tariff: 1550 per head per day at Swiss Tent with attached bathroom including fooding lodging and available mineral water. (Standard Food Menu at Camp 1 )
Tariff: 1950 per head per day at AC Swiss Tent with attached bathroom including fooding lodging and available mineral water. (Standard Food Menu at Camp 1)
Top 10 reasons you must visit Lal Kakra Beach Camp at Purushottompur
- We are the only organization which only try to provide best travelling experience to our visiting guests
- We used to have our own in-house camp in-charge to assist you all the time
- Electricity is there along with back up
- Running water with 2-4 shared bathrooms for the visiting guests (All western with commode)
- We have our own Community cum dinning place to sit and have food together along with adda.
- We don’t have any swimming Pool
- Camp is just beside Beach and best view of the sea
- We don’t have any concrete room within the campus, Driver accommodation is available
- Best view of Sea and Beach from sitting location from Gazebo
- Alcohol free Zone (Open alcohol consumption within camp area or on beach is strictly prohibited)
How to Lal Kakra Beach:
- Take any Digha Bound Bus and drop at Chowlkhola
- Take a toto upto our camp
Roughly taking all the buffer time in between journey it will take around 5.30 Hrs from Kolkata to Lal Kakra Beach.
Facts to remember while going there and Suggestions:
1. Do bring your mobile powerbank and there you will not get any mobile charging facilities
2. Carry mineral water for kid below 8 yrs.
3. Carry mosquito repellent though it’s less mosquito now
4. Only BSNL, Airtel and Vodafone network can be connected and sometimes Idea and BSNL will work.
Camp 1: Emerald with Luxury Swiss tent with attached bathroom
There are 20 family tents and 3 persons for each tents. 6 AC tents. So accommodation of maximum 60 people can be arranged.
Camp 2: Icchedana Camp with common bathroom
There are 8 family tents, 10-12 couple tents and 3 persons for each tents. 2 Group tents. So accommodation of maximum 60 people can be arranged.
There is a big group tents of 6 persons.
For large Number of People prior intimation is required then they will arrange for other people.
(Images of the tents are given below)Food will be provided by the caretaker who take care of those tents. Food quality is good and better not to expect very tasty food like wow quality restaurants in kolkata.
Location of the tents are just beside the sea beach
We are slowly increasing our accommodation so that more and more people can go and we are trying to lower the rush of people as well. So please do co-operate….